Often times, because parents are a part of the older generation, they do not know what we go through. They do not know what WhatsApp is or Facebook is and definitely do not understand why you are sitted in front of your laptop everyday. Here are a few tips to help:
- Be of your best behavior. Once your parent see that you have ‘yahoo trait’, they begin to cast doubt over what you are doing.
- Sit them down and explain to them in your local langauge. They don’t know what website or apps are but use analogies like TV, radio and stuff to explain to them.
- Do your chores on time. I know parents will always find something for you to do even when there are no chores 🤦🏽♂️ but do your chores when you can.
- Look for an internship, make a few bucks and get them a gift. Show them what you created in your internship and how much you were paid.
- Goodluck. You will need it.